Thursday, June 9, 2011

From High Heels to Yoga and everything inbetween

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! My body has been feeling much better since my massage, still trying to work out the ear/throat pain going on though.  This week has been very busy for me, I picked up another Credentialing client and I started summer school.  I am pretty excited about my class this summer, it is more "my thing"; Exercise Science for Health Promotions.

Aerobics
I taught my second aerobic class at the gym last night.  I thought it was a good workout, but I was a little discouraged because the students are not taking change well.  They don't understand that plyos are (can be) strength training; they think they need weights in their hands but I've been having them work on the explosive strength movements.  I'm trying to stay positive since I am confident in the workouts I am giving them.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

My HEELS came in!!!
My competition heels came in the mail the other day and they fit almost perfect, close enough.  They are so PRETTY! I've been wearing them in my apartment to get use to them and I will start posing practice once a week over the summer and then increase as I get closer to show time.  How often do you practice? Check them out....


Yoga...my body was craving you!
The place I had my massage at, Elevate, offers a yoga class on Wednesday nights at 9pm and it was fantastic.  I got some good one on one attention from the teacher.  My body is very thankful that I finally listened to it and took a yoga class.  Check out Aly's blog: http://thehungryherbivore.blogspot.com/2010/10/raw-organic-homemade-chocolates.html

Enjoy your day, the weekend is almost here!

2 comments:

  1. I love the heels! :) Practice every single day. No matter how silly it seems! There isn't a mirror on the stage so your body has to know how to get into pose no questions asked. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are so pretty and fun. I'm having a hard time practicing because my apartment is so tiny. I do wear heels a lot so hopefully that helps.

    Thanks for your support!!

    ReplyDelete