Thursday, June 2, 2011

Weights and Sprint Work Out

Today was much better than Tuesday in the gym! I had a killer leg workout and got some extra training time in with my trainer and his fiance.  After the gym I went to a local track and did a sprint workout that I saw in the current Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine. 

Sprint Work Out
  • Warm-Up- Jog 1 lap
  • Suicides- Sprint 10y, jog back. Sprint 20y, jog back. Sprint 30y, jog back.  Spring 40y, jog back.  Sprint 50y, jog back.
  • Sprint four 50's with 30 second rest in between
  • Sprint two 100y dash with 30 second rest in between
I enjoy doing my cardio outside much more than in the gym and I also prefer high intensity cardio over long runs...more calories burned in less time! I think next time I will expand on the work out with some plyos, especially if it is following an arm work out.

My BIG purse is coming in handy....
When I was reading a post on Bikini or Bust, an awesome blog that all should read, I was laughing when she had a picture of her big purse filled with food so today when my coworkers were laughing at my huge purse with normal purse things, my work, lunch bag, coffee mug, and protein shake I knew I had to post a picture.  Funny thing is, I usually have my gym shoes in it also....


No comments:

Post a Comment